What makes 3D POST so special?
1) Performing a Hemivertebrectomy using 3D Printed modelsThis is a 6 year old boy who presented with a progressive scoliosis secondary to a L5 hemivertebra. He was operated at the age of 6 months for a Split Cord Malformation Type 1 (diastematomyelia) at the same level. Due to this procedure and the presence of congenital deformities, the anatomy was completely distorted. A 3D printed biomodel was created in real-size to understand this pathoanatomy. This was available to the surgeons well in advance of the procedure so that they could study and plan the surgery accordingly. According to the surgeons, the information obtained by holding this biomodel in their own hands was invaluable in planning the surgery. Not only that, the biomodel was sterilized and was used for intraoperative referencing while exposing this complex anatomy and for instrumenting the lumbar spine. With the help of the biomodel, the surgery was performed safely, swiftly and accurately.
2) Dental Implant guides for maxillary lateral incisorsA completely multidisciplinary case. Patient aged 20 years had missing maxillary lateral incisors and huge diastema between the centrals.Dr. V S Mohan chose to close the space with orthodontic treatment and create space for the lateral incisors. After six months, with sufficient space available, confirmed by CBCT Scans, and preceded with the implant placement.The 3D Printed guides helped the Dr. Mohan to exactly angle the implants since the long axis of both the implants emerged buccally compelling the use of angled abutments.
3) Dental Implant Guide for fractured left maxillary lateral incisorDr. Madhur Kankaria’s Patient reported a fractured left maxillary lateral incisor. The tooth was deemed non restorable on clinical and radiographic examination. The patient was keen on placing an implant immediately post extraction. A CT guided stent was fabricated to aid in the ideal 3D positioning of the implant. The tooth was extracted atraumatically and the socket degranulated. The Guide was checked and the drilling protocol was followed as per the manufacturer's instructions. The implant was subsequently placed and a custom healing cap was fabricated to seal the socket and preserve the soft tissue.
You are just 3 steps away
- 1. Send us the patients CT Scan.
- 2. Approve the 3D Model.
- 3. Get your 3D Printed Model/Guide.
© Copyright 2016